*Check out the great stocks and broths from our community partner, Pacific Foods
Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic, then trim and slice the leek. Chop the potatoes, carrots, celery, jalopenos and zucchini, then pick and roughly chop the parsley leaves.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and sauté the onion, garlic and leek for 5 minutes.
2. Add the other chopped ingredients, the bay leaf, green beans and chopped tomatoes. Drain and add the cranberry beans. Cover with vegetable stock then season and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
3. Add the pasta and simmer until cooked, adding more stock if the soup is too thick.
4. For the pistou sauce, add the garlic, basil leaves and some sea salt to a pestle and mortar. Pound until pureed, then finely grate in the Parmesan and muddle in the extra virgin olive oil to make a paste.
5. Serve the soup with a dollop of pistou.
Recipe courtesy of Southern Accent's Chef Thess Mani.